I AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR! February 2012

I  AM WOMAN! Hear me ROAR!  February 2012
WARNING !! Not for those with a short attention span. ; 0 )

Saturday, May 01, 2010

D D The critters.........ugly photos

  Trying to be really quiet . Almost 7 a.m. ...no one is stirring.  Probably should just take my yarn in the other room and crochet.
Jill worked from 4 to I assume midnight...she and Butchie woke me at 1:15 a.m. They were heating up leftovers. Woke a couple more times. Remembering now a dream that I was in a fist a cuff with someone.and my hands were hitting hubby. Think I heard him say, "hey,stop it."  Never have been in a fight.. Hoping it was ALL just a dream.
  A  squirrel was just outside my sliding door waiting to be fed. Usually they scamper away and come back..Not this one. In years past have had them eating from my hands. Love chocolates. I shit you not!
They got so spoiled that they ate the peanut butter off a cracker and dropped the cracker.
Bottle fed 2 baby squirrels. That was a labor of love. Every 2 hours it screamed to be fed. Hand fed a baby robin that fell out of the bottom of a nest in a tree next door. First it was by a special bird formula you mix with water and  a syringe....then digging worms in my yard all summer. It would fly up into a tree and when I would call it he/she would make a sassy sounding call so I named it Sassy.  Would come back and sometimes land on my head. Even took it to FL a few winters. I shit you not! Have robin, will travel. Called the bird organization that saves birds...they didn't want a robin.
Kept chipmunks too. One of our cats would catch them and as soon as I spotted it with one, moi would run out and get it away from the cat before it met an untimely fate. Hubby made a nice cage for them ..trouble was when I went to feed them one or more got out. Fun,fun, not! Moving a fridge was not that easy back then. Eventually hubby dug down into an area in the back yard, lined it with chicken wire, placed hollow tree limbs around and they lived happily ever after  UNTIL the pool was going to be installed in 1976. Set them FREE.   Kids got over it with a pool to swim in. I shit you not!
Been listening to the sounds of nature on FLWildlife.Cam as I write. Got my headphones on. Some deer were eating there earlier and now the coons are back. Would love to have a small home on a pond , woodsy, no close neighbor. Would settle for a stream and woods. My best friend Nancy lives in a small 2 bedroom home on some acreage ( all woods ) on a hill in AK with a stream running below.  Who knows............ Now the ugly photos:
  
Moi hears sounds of awakening people.
That's All Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

While this was intended as my diary................
comments of good intention are accepted graciously by me.
Making good friends has been an unexpected benefit. :0)
(((hugs)))from me to you